This year our classes for children take place in partnership with Rockabye
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN TRIALING THIS CLASS PLEASE ENROL YOUR CHILD FOR YOUR FREE CLASS HERE
(FIRST CLASS IS FREE)
Wednesday or Thursday Rockabye Brighton 4 – 5:15pm
Address: ROKABYE HIGHETT
529 HIGHETT RD, HIGHETT 3190
Ages 5 -10
ALL MATERIAL SUPPLIED!
These classes are a fun mix of many different media including paints, pastels, charcoal, inks, clay, mosaics and more. Using practical exercises and theory we will look at famous artists and artworks and their techniques.
In these classes your child will acquire new skills, gain confidence, make new friends and gain a lifelong passion for art and design!
FULL TERM PRICE IS DISCOUNTED AT $165
Places are limited, to secure your place BOOK ONLINE, call 0451168905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fostering creativity won’t just increase your child’s chances of becoming the next Picasso!
You’re also helping them develop mentally, socially, and emotionally. Creating art boosts a young minds ability to analyse and problem–solve in myriad ways.
Here are TEN REASONS ART MATTERS
Unlike much of the curriculum in which correct answers and rules prevail, in the arts, it
is judgment rather than rules that prevail.
and that questions can have more than one answer.3. The arts celebrate multiple perspectives.
One of their large lessons is that there are many ways to see and interpret the world.
4. The arts teach children that in complex forms of problem solving
purposes are seldom fixed, but change with circumstance and opportunity. Learning in the arts requires the ability and a willingness to surrender to the unanticipated possibilities of the work as it unfolds.
5. The arts make vivid the fact that neither words in their literal form nor numbers exhaust what we can know. The limits of our language do not define the limits of our cognition.
6. The arts teach students that small differences can have large effects.
The arts traffic in subtleties.
7. The arts teach students to think through and within a material.
All art forms employ some means through which images become real.
8. The arts help children learn to say what cannot be said.
When children are invited to disclose what a work of art helps them feel, they must reach into their poetic capacities to find the words that will do the job.
9. The arts enable us to have experience we can have from no other source
and through such experience to discover the range and variety of what we are capable of feeling.
10. The arts’ position in the school curriculum symbolizes to the young
what adults believe is important.